Monday, February 21, 2005

Seattle Design Center

日本語の読めない友達から、苦情がきたので、今日は英語。つたない英語だけど、一応、英語だ。

I visited Seattle Design Center. This place was fabulous, beautiful, brilliant, lovely and remarkable. I would definitely love to go back there again. When I entered an entrance, I was totally intimidated by the perfect environment designers represented.

A small pond designed by Japanese American at the entrance welcomed me. Every single furniture, fabrics, carpets, tiles, and space design represented designer’s strong individuality. Their billions of ideas, styles, and techniques made me feel, really, “WOW!” Although each piece of furniture, fabric, textile, and color had strong character, whole designed space provided a fabulous harmony.

I realized that color (hue) made a huge impact and difference in the each model room. People could feel calmness, happiness, rest, healing, motivation, and satisfaction from the environment. I was so comfortable sitting on a big couch in the Michael Forlks Showroom, and I didn’t want to leave.

“ The couch was heaven! If I bought the one... I would never leave heaven! I would be turned into a big Potato! ”

Seattle Design Center: http://www.seattledesigncenter.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i be your couch? i can wait for your graduation =)