Saturday, October 08, 2005

Discovery Channel

Discovery Channel is amazing. I knew it's good but I re-noticed that it was marvelous channel especially one of their program, "Extreme Engineering," has almost made me not to go to school. (http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/engineering/engineering.html)

One of their show was about a super train in the ocean. One day, this would be happened maybe... Their hypothetical plan is that the train could run as 5,000 miles/hour speed in the sea, 800miles. To avoide G forces, chairs in the car would be rotated. Each car has own extinction system. This allow us to travel from NY to London, and it takes only 54 minutes! From Seattle to Japan, it mabe around 1 hour and a few minutes! The thing is that some engineers are seriously working on this. Isn't this amazing if this would be happened in the future?

Anyway, I will keep watching Discovery, and don't worry, I will try to go to school at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rika,

That's a really cool site. I spent an hour or so last night checking out all of the front-page articles. Really cool stuff. See? Ain't science great?

Brian