Tuesday, April 05, 2005

How can babies perceive events around them in a uterus?

I’m back from Hawaii. I spent a week with my cousin’s baby, Amanda, nine month baby. She is an amazing, happy and peaceful baby. I cannot stop wondering about how baby is spending time in a uterus with their mother for ten months. I strongly agree with an idea that the baby’s mentality is influenced by mother’s mentality. My cousin, Tomoko has a very calm and stable mind in any circumstances. I could imagine that her baby spending time with her for ten months to come to the birth was a very peaceful journey with classic music. Tomoko is happy person so Amanda is really peaceful happy baby! You will be very amazed by Amanda's behavior.

Her home doctor told Tomoko that Amanda is one of 20% happy babies. Why are there happy baby and unhappy baby at the very beginning? Amanda does not cry unless she is sleepy or hungry. Yes, she cries but she does not cry like a crazy noisy baby. Looking at Amanda’s innocent and happy smile, I felt a great felicity of Tomoko’s life in Hawaii. She is a great mother, and I want to be a mother like her. I could hear VOICE from my friends all over the world, “You need to find a MAN first.” Okidoki, is there anyone, a volunteer?

How can babies perceive events around them after their birth? How can they learn cause and effect? I loved playing with Amanda, and unbelievable things happened constantly. However, it’s my bedtime so I will continue to write this later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I apply for a volunteer position? ;P

Anonymous said...

Would this be an in vitro or carnal fertilization?

Nice blog Rika. Have to brush up on my Japanese...I can only read half of this! ;)